Carl S. Cianci, P.E., President
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, Massachusetts
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, 1982
- State of Connecticut, No. 14610, February 17, 1987
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, No. 35659, October 26, 1990
- State of New Hampshire, No. 9844, December 11, 1998 to January 31, 2004
- State of Rhode Island No. 8436, February 24, 2006
- 2006 – Present; President, Cianci Engineering, LLC, West Hartford, CT
The firm was renamed when it relocated to West Hartford, CT. Mr. Cianci’s duties and responsibilities remain unchanged from Cianci & Cianci Consulting Engineering.
- 1986 to 2006 – Principal, Cianci & Cianci, Consulting Engineering, Hartford, CT
Mr. Cianci was a Partner in the firm from January 1, 1986 to December 31, 1994. On January 1, 1995, Mr. Cianci became Principal when the firm changed from a partnership to a sole proprietorship, after the retirement of Paul S. Cianci, P.E. During this time, Mr. Cianci has provided the overall leadership for all projects. He commits the resources of the firm to complete all assigned work on schedule, attends all key meetings, and monitors project status on a continuing basis. His responsibilities include the supervision of all phases of the structural design, contract document preparation, construction administration and special inspection services. Mr. Cianci provides extensive forensic engineering investigations and provides expert testimony in litigation matters.
- 1984 to 1985 - Staff Engineer, Mayo & Cianci, PC, Hartford, CT
Responsibilities included the structural design of buildings utilizing steel, wood and concrete as well as component design, including steel stairs, railings, connections and wood trusses. Independent reviews were also performed of large scale buildings in the Hartford area.
- 1982-1983 - Staff Engineer, General Dynamics, Electric Boat Division, Groton, CT
Responsibilities included the structural design, review and analysis of steel frames to support components within a submarine. Computations included a dynamic analysis and mode shapes of various components. Mr. Cianci also assisted in a research project, including testing, of standardized frames within submarines under dynamic loading.
Current or Past Professional Affiliations:
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Connecticut Society of Professional Engineers (CSPE)
- Connecticut Engineers in Private Practice (CEPP)
- Construction Institute (CI)
- Wood Truss Council of America (WTCA)
- Structural Engineers Coalition (SEC)
- Member of the Board of Directors CVRCI, 1990 - 1996
- Alternate Member of the Board of Directors CEPP, 1991 to 1993
- Member of the West Hartford School Facilities Committee, 1992 to 1994
- Member of Black Point Beach, Zoning Board of Appeals, 1994 to 2002
- Member of the Board of Directors SEC, 1996 to 1997
Recent Expert Testimony: furnished upon request.